Joseph feels nervous and self-conscious as he tries to draw Tom Leyton. (pp.62-3) Write about a time when you have felt like this - perhaps performing or speaking in front of a group, sitting for an exam or meeting/going out with someone for the first time.

A time when I felt nervous and self-conscious was on the first day of preschool. I did not have any friends in Australia at the time because I just moved from my home country - Taiwan. Due to this, I had left all my childhood friends and came into a whole new country which had a completely different culture to Taiwan. Another obstacle I faced was that I did not know how to speak English very fluently. This was a hardship I had to face. I remember one day before preschool started I began to feel afraid that the other students would not like me and I would not be able to make friends at all. In the end, everything worked out fine because the teachers were very friendly and invited me into preschool with a welcoming smile. This is my example of a time where I felt nervous and self-conscious in my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment