Choose a vivid childhood memory, one that has made a strong impression on you for some reason. Describe it and reflect on its impact and importance to your life.

My most vivid childhood memory is my first day at kindergarten. On the morning of my first school day I did not want to go because I was afraid I would not fit in and would feel alone all the time. My mother pushed me and I eventually made it to kindergarten. I hesitated entering the school gates and slowly walked behind my mother, trying to hide myself from the view of the other curious children who were watching us. This event's impact on me has had a real significance because it made me learn that if I try, I can achieve anything. When the teacher introduced me to my other classmates, I bravely started talking to the closest child, making conversation in the only English I knew. To my delight, the other children eventually gathered around me and the first friend I made was the person whom I spoke to first. Although I have long lost contact with him, I still have an approximate image of what he looked like. I am thankful I had known him at that time because without him, I would not have been able to make so many new friends on the first day and would not have the courage to continue to make friends at school today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment