Write a reflective piece on your attitude to life. Are you generally an optimistic or pessimistic person? Do you agree with Tom Leyton that we are all, "Flapping our crippled wings, dreaming we can fly"? (p.155) What would be your metaphor for life?
I personally think I am more of a pessimistic person than an optimistic one. When life throws an obstacle at me I usually attempt to overcome it but if I didn't the first time I wouldn't try again and would become quite gloomy. Someday I would like to change into an optisimistic person because in life you would have to bump into many obstacles. Some are easy to overcome but some are not. If I am always pessimistic then my life could just stop there and I would not be able to move forward. If that happens I would probably become someone like the Running Man or Tom Leyton. However, if I was an optimistic person I would get over it eventually by thinking of the positive aspects of life. This would be a much better approach to the problem than moping around and feeling bad about the mistake.

Yes, I agree with Tom Leyton's saying that we are all, "Flapping our crippled wings, dreaming we can fly".(p.155). My metaphor of life would be "life is a journey but not a destination". Life is something everyone goes through. It can be sweet and pleasant but at other times it may also be bitter and hard. During this everlasting journey we are forever changing and forever growing. Sometimes it is for the better although it could be also for the bad. But there are many destinations and each of them are only a stop which signfies a new beginning.

As we travel through our own journey of life, we see many destinations ahead of us. We start talking about what we plan to do when turn 18, when we get married, when we start working or when we retire. But these are merely events, stations where we change our direction. Gradually we age and we reach the final destination of life which no one returns.

Life is a journey that takes us on a rocky ride. There would be highs and lows, happiness and grief as we make our way through life, going through the phases. But as long as we live, life will go on so why not enjoy life as we venture through it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment